Headphones can make you privately listen to your favourite tunes and watch your favourite videos wherever you may be.
But with the numerous headphone models sold online, it can really get confusing to choose just one headphone. This article will help you find the best headphone for you.
All headphones mentioned in this article are well-built, comfortable to wear, and reasonably priced.
Lets take a look at some of the best headphones under 200$
Top 5 Best Headphones Under 200 Of 2017
- The Sony MDRZX110 ZX Series Stereo Headphones - gets good grades for its price and tangle-free cord.
- The Ailihen I35 Stereo Lightweight Foldable Headphones - are compact and comfortable to wear.
- The Sound Intone Ms200 Stereo Headsets - look more impressive than its actual price.
- The Behringer HPS3000 Studio Headphones - are also cheap and comfortable to wear.
- Skullcandy Icon 3 with TapTechMic Premium Wired Headphone - Affordable with decent sound quality
Tips in Choosing the Right Headphones
- Evaluate sound quality. If you’re an audiophile, this is very important for you. Headphones emphasize different parts of the audio spectrum. You might like one headphone for its sound over another.
If you’re buying in a retail store, you should try the headphones first before purchasing. If you are buying online, you should check return policies first and ensure you can return or exchange a headphone for another model.
- Know the designs. Over-the-ear models are ideal when you are at home. However, earphones of this type are quite large to carry around when you are traveling.
Smaller and more portable models are handy, but these aren’t as good as the over-the-ear headphones when it comes to sound quality.
If you are always on the road, often in trains or airplanes, you may want to get a headphone with noise-reduction technology.
- Look for a comfortable headphone. A comfortable headphone is one that you can wear for extended periods. It should have a soft headband and ear cups that ‘breathe.’ Simply put, you can wear the said headphone for a long time without feeling any pain or getting sweaty around the ears.
- Compare prices. Just like in buying any other product, you’d want to get the best priced headphone. You can do so by comparing prices and features of two to three headphones that catch your fancy or suit your requirements.
Other Factors to Consider
- Water resistance. This is particularly important if you are buying headphones for your workouts. You would want water resistant headphones.
- Tangle-free cords. Most of the headphones discussed in this review are of the corded design. Corded headphones are known for their good sound quality although the cable can get in the way at times. Look for headphones with tangle-free cords or cables for your convenience.
What Are The Best Headphones Under 200?
Summary: This is a headphone that can give you a solid, full and well balanced sound. With its swivel and folding design, this headphone is very compact and easy to carry around. It has a tangle-free. 1.2 meter y-type cable, too.
And because it comes from arguably the biggest brand in electronics, you can be assured of the quality of this headphone.
What’s even more attractive about this headphone is its price. For less than $20, you can get your hands on this well-made headphone.
This would work well with most tablets and smartphones.
A lot of reviews on Amazon.com suggest that this is a very good buy. One reviewer wrote that there is absolutely no difference in the quality of these Sony headphones and other more expensive headphones. He says that this is cheap with a very fantastic quality.
Another reviewer shared that he gave this headphone as a gift to his mom. His mother said it is very comfortable to wear, even during extended periods.
- Tangle-free cord
- Comfortable to Wear
- Bass not that deep
- Cord is short
- A bit small for people with big heads
Summary: This is a headphone that is easy to carry around. It is also very comfortable to wear even for an extended period. It is compatible with most phones, meaning you can also use this in answering calls.
This headphone has a folding design that makes it very convenient to carry around. Its folding part is durable, having been tested for more than 20,000 times.
It features a protein genuine leather earmuff, so you should be able to wear this comfortably for a long time.
It also has a noise cancelling feature that tunes out external noise.
This is also a very reasonably priced lightweight headphone. You don’t have to spend more than $30 for this product.
There are lots of positive reviews on this headphone. Many Amazon.com reviewers agree that it is comfortable to wear.
One reviewer said it is soft and padded. He wrote that these headphones are very comfortable to wear, even during extended road trips.
He is also raving at how lightweight and compact the headphones are. He says that this is the perfect road trip companion.
- Compact and lightweight
- Noise cancelling feature
- Comfortable to wear
- Too small for people with big heads
- Sound quality is not the best
- No bass boost
Summary: These headsets are also reasonably priced; but they look more expensive than their actual price.
It has a rotating and folding design so you should be able to bring this anywhere you go. With its design, the headset should fit easily in your bag.
This headset is also very comfortable to wear even during a prolonged period. It has a super soft and elastic memory earpad that won’t feel hot even if you wear the headset for a long time.
It is compatible with all 3.5 mm jack devices. You can choose from six color options.
Many customers on Amazon.com are also raving about this headset.
Aside from being comfortable to wear, many reviewers say the nylon cord doesn’t get tangled easily as other headphones. They also say that it is easy to adjust, and stays put.
Others love its design. They say it folds up nice and compact.
One reviewer even shared that he has been mugged several times because of these headsets. He thinks it may have been due to the headsets looking very expensive.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Comfortable to wear
- Looks good for its price
- Not a lot of bass
- It doesn't come with a case
- No inline microphone
Summary: This is another pair of headphones that are cheap but well built, and comfortable to wear for an extended period.
These studio headphones won’t hurt your head and ears even if you wear them for a long time. The ear cups are padded and oval shaped. This design leads to reduced fatigue even if you’ve been listening to your favorite tunes for a long time.
These headphones have a single-sided cable that can resist tangling. You won’t likely get frustrated with the cord of this headset.
This may be a sub-$20 headphone but you would be surprised at how well built it is.
Many customers on Amazon.com are also impressed with how well designed these headphones are.
One reviewer wrote how he was pleasantly surprised at the sound quality produced by the headphones. He said the bass response is good, while the high ends are crisp and clear.
He also mentions that for this price, this headphone is a great bargain.
- Single-side, tangle-free cable
- Cheap price
- Comfortable to wear
- Not ideal for people with big heads
- Made of plastic
- Poor noise cancellation
Summary: Like the Sony headphone, this one comes from a very reputable brand. And similar to that other product, the Skullcandy Icon 3 has a very low price.
The Skullcandy Icon 3 delivers clear and clean highs and lows. It has an anti-slip rubber headband that keeps the headphones in place.
You can use this for your smartphone or tablet, so you can answer calls. It is equipped with TapTech technology, allowing users to answer a call simply by tapping the ear cup.
Like the other headphones on this list, the Skullycandy Icon 3 gets good feedback for its affordability. One reviewer commented that you can’t get better sounding headphones for less than $20 than this Skullcandy model.
- Good build quality
- Suited for small heads
- Not sturdy
- Lacking in bass
Taking into consideration the abovementioned factors, then we can say that the Sony MDRZX110 ZX Series Stereo Headphones are the best in the five-headphone list.
It has good audio reproduction, as you would expect from a headphone from Sony. It has a tangle-free cord design. And it is easy to carry around.
Plus it has a very low price considering it’s from a reputable brand. It’s not surprising why this model is the best in this list.